The Indie Musician’s Guidebook: A guide to understanding the mindset you need to be able to achieve your most important goals as an independent musician in the modern world.
There is a lot of material out there trying to tell you how to get famous:
- all for the low low price of your email address.
- in 5-minute Tutorials that claim to condense vasts tracts of human understanding into a tiny (heavily edited) video.
Sadly that is a fib. No one can promise you success, especially if they haven’t sat down with you and your music. There are no shortcuts or tricks. It has to be more about Why than What or you remain mystified.
As a result, talented people stay stuck in the wastelands for far longer than they need and get disheartened. Music is a hard enough road as it is without so many of the bits of support that you are offered turning out to be false.
The Indie Musician’s Guidebook
I have taken the Blog articles I have written on this website over the last 10 years and condensed them into a book along with new and updated material. Don’t expect:
- email addresses of industry execs – who will throw your mp3 in the bin
- secret device settings – for plugins you don’t own
- formula mix settings – that don’t apply to your songs
- genre-specific tricks – that are now passe
- strategies for playlists that are played out – so you can’t win anyway
- easy 10-step systems that if followed perfectly, can’t fail – yet oddly never actually work out
What you can expect in The Indie Musician’s Guidebook:
- deep understanding of what you need to do put yourself in the right place for potential success
- the psychology of what moves music lovers (and even casual audiences)
- advice on how to present yourself & your material
- how to build material for the long term
- advice on how to approach mixing
- advice on money & freelancing
- a simple, solid, formula for how to negotiate
- how to release an album
- interviews with a few real Indie acts
- there are even a lot of pointers on what holes not to fall into
I figure if you want to hear more from me then you’ll Follow me here (there’s a button at the bottom). I also figure that if you want to talk to me you will go to my Contact Page here or come see me over at Facebook where you can even strike up a personal conversation via Messenger.
Purchase The Indie Musician’s Guidebook:
The Indie Musician’s Guidebook
available through Amazon for $19.95
Amazon let you preview five chapters.
Also available on Kindle Unlimited so essentially free.
You don’t even need a Kindle device as they have nice readers for Android etc.
Here’s a nice Review from author Didi Oviatt
If you’ve got this far and still aren’t convinced, then I could offer you free steak knives. But we both know that they aren’t worth what you aren’t even paying for them so we’ll skip that bit altogether.
You can learn a lot about me by reading more of my material on this very website for no cost greater than your time. You won’t get everything in the book, but you will learn enough to decide if you feel I can return at least the cost of the book and the time it takes to read it.
Ok so the theory of these sorts of Long Letters is that I’m supposed to tell you again everything I told you already so the deja-vu makes you realize that it all seems to make so much sense that only a crazy person wouldn’t be hitting the Buy Now button. I would even add in some fake testimonials to add “Social Proof” of the awesomeness of my material.
I got nuttin’ dude. You read my offer, you read about me, you read my Music Tutorial articles, you read the first few chapters over at Amazon and still don’t think I have a single scrap of anything that can help you so I will say fair play & farewell.
If it ever happens that you wonder if the same formula things that everyone is doing & failing with are the only way to try this game then don’t forget this washed up old Rocker who has made all the same mistakes and written a book about it is here.