Apart from my own music I have made instruments for myself and helped others do the same with Sound Design (patch making) , advice and general Beta Testing.
Space Case VSTs
Space Case is a collection of VSTs with Reason in mind. They sort-of pick up where the original SynthStudio Packs left off, only with a focus on being used in Reason’s Rack environment (or any VST Host where they play nicely).
- W-MOSS : Warm Meadows of Synthesizer Sound ReFill
- Route 750 ReFill
- 500+ Reasons ReFill
- SAMPLE + Filter ReFill
- OSC + Filter ReFill
These are devices I have worked on for Sound Design, advice or other Beta testing duties. There are quite a few so I will list by Developer. Most you can still see in the Propellerheads Shop.
- Alien Seed Tech – Kron CV Toolbox, PSDN Envelope
- Ekssperimental Sounds – ES01 Analog Synthesizer
- Multi-D – CV Mutant Signal Shaper
- Ochen K – Chip64 Synth, EDS06s Drum Synth
- Ravenherz – DVC-1 Digital Voltage Comparator
- Reasonistas – CoreReLation Phase Analyser, SideChainReAction Enveloper
- Robotic Bean – Step Note Recorder, Resonans Physical Synthesizer, AC-1 Acoustic Clapper, EC-1 Electro Clapper, Compare CV Scope, Elementary Logic Gates, Euclid Rhythm Generator
- SKP Sound Design -FAT50 Organic Character, Antidote Memories ReFill, Aesthetic Flow ReFill, Europa Grid Sequence ReFill, Granular Manoeuvres ReFill – the ReFills I only made audio demos like this.
- Skrock Music – Argonaut Synth, Aurora Hybrid Synthesizer, Horizons Synthesizer, Kraft, Synthesizer, Orbis Wavetable Synthesizer, Poltergeist Noise Machine, Tectonic Synthesizer, Thermal Synthesizer
- Synthetec Sound – Spectra Additive ReSynthesizer
- Zakuna Prod – Lithium Synthesizer
- Zvork – Oberon Synthesizer
These things are part of my online history. They are no longer supported.
There were 4 SynthStudio Packs in all. They were all VST & VSTi made in SynthEdit. I had a lot of fun making and selling these packs of instruments and effects. Eventually they became too off the pace to continue with. Also my attention had turned away from VST Hosts to Reason which was (at the time) a closed environment.
SynthStudio Pack I – Fill Your Studio for $7.50 SSP I at KVR Audio
SynthStudio Pack II – Extra Tools
SynthStudio Pack III – Virgo Constellation
SynthStudio Pack IV – Wide Boys & Heroes (there are a few of these units free here)
PreRoll Recorder – a simple but clever little tool that could sit in the background and keep recording even when your DAW was stopped and help you recover moments of inspiration
– – – – –
I released 2 ReFills for Propellerheads Reason software. Sadly they weren’t as popular as the SynthStudio Packs. This has more to do with the platform and psychology of the users. VST users are like junkies, they always need more, even when they don’t need more. This created a space for gadgets more than for sounds.
That said elektro 3-57 sold pretty well with 357 sounds but StellaR with over 1,200 didn’t come close. Go figure. Maybe the spacey name didn’t groove so well with the increasingly Hip Hop crowd.
Much of these ReFills have come back in my enormous OSC + Filter ReFill (no sample based patches)